In the last days before beginning our trip we finished painting the final coat and finally got all of the tape off the sides of the boat. The boat was hauled for new bottom paint and zincs and while out of the water braces were added under the swim platform to support the extra weight of the dinghy on the new davit system. The swim ladder was installed on the swim platform.
Then it was time to get all of the systems opened, turned on and prepared for a maiden voyage with Ron as Captain and Vicki as Commodore. We took a small cruise for about an hour out of the inlet and into the Cohansey River to test electronics and mechanical systems. All seemed to be working fine except the depth sounder.
With warm oil in the engine it was time to change all oil, oil filters and fuel filters on both engines. That is seven filters and about 12 quarts of oil. A hundred other small detail were tackled including last minute shopping, returning the rental car, taking on water and installing the boat name on the transom, dinghy bottom and side name plates.
Our scheduled departure date was May 1, 2015 but the weather report showed strong winds on Delaware Bay and down at Cape May. We decided to postpone our start for a day as the weather was going to improve. This was not a disappointment as we still had many last minute things to do.